Tufts University has contracted with Care.com, to provide backup in-home child care and adult care. These services will be available during the day or evening, seven days/week. University employees are entitled to use a combined total of 20 days of backup care each calendar year through this program.
This new benefit is designed to help you deal with a variety of circumstances related to caregiving that may interfere with your schedule. Anytime you have a gap in your family care arrangements, Parents in a Pinch will be there to assist you in giving care so you can work without worry.
Examples of how this new benefit may help you:
- When your caregiver, your spouse/partner, or your child is mildly ill
- When your spouse/partner is recuperating from surgery and needs temporary care
- During school vacations and holidays
- When your parent needs assistance to attend a medical appointment – regardless of whether they live with you or across the country
To request services, please follow these easy steps:
- Call Care.com toll-free at 855-781-1303 or log on to www.care.com and identify yourself as a Tufts University employee.
- Representatives are available Monday through Thursday, 7:00 AM EST to 8:00 PM EST; Friday, 7:00 AM EST to 5:00 PM EST; and Sunday, 5:00 PM EST to 8:00 PM EST.
- At all other times, please leave a detailed message and a representative will call you back during regular office hours.
You will be charged the following rates for services:
- The child care rate is $15.00 per hour. You can pay the caregiver in cash or by check.
- The adult care rate varies by care location and is $16.00 per hour in Massachusetts. You can pay for adult care services with a credit card.